The Velvet Parade – celebrating 150 velvet escapes

Confetti

It all started with a simple “Hello world“.

I was just back from an exhilarating and in certain ways life-changing five month round-the-world trip. I had experienced so much, seen so many places and met so many fascinating people that when I returned home, I felt I had to share it all. The creative and positive vibes were flooding my being and I had to find an outlet! It didn’t take long to come up with an idea to start a blog. Within weeks, the Velvet Escape blog was born.

Today, I celebrate my 150th post and I thought I would do something special to commemorate this milestone (you’re probably wondering why 150, not 100 perhaps? There’s a simple reason to that. I didn’t notice when I passed the 100 mark! :-) ). Anyway, what better way to celebrate this milestone than to throw a parade! I’ve included in this parade some of my favourite posts, some of the most memorable ones and those by my most esteemed guest bloggers. Enjoy! And don’t forget to wave as they pass by! ;-)

I love everything about flying

Whitehaven beach Some of my favourite places & events

Travel tips based on my experience

The Argentinian Falls From my Travel Journal

My contribution to educating travellers

Some of the fabulous hotels I’ve featured

img_2685 Ok, I’m a foodie! :-)

A World of Inspiration – travel stories by guest writers

IMG_0136 Last but not least: My most memorable posts

Thank you!

Champagne The Velvet Escape blog has certainly come a long way since that simple “Hello world”! It would have been a lot less fun if not for my wonderful readers who come back frequently and actively participate by leaving comments and tips. I’m very proud of this 150-milestone but more importantly, I’m very happy with and appreciative of the new friendships that have been built via this blog and Twitter. In addition, I’m very grateful for the continuous support from my new-found friends.

This celebration is not so much about me or Velvet Escape. It’s about celebrating friendships, life and diversity!

Cheers mates!

14 Responses to “The Velvet Parade – celebrating 150 velvet escapes”

1. velvet 30/06/2009 3:48 pm

Hi Gaby,
    Thanks for your comment. Well, there was a bit of Bali… the photo that won the Matador contest was the one I took in Jimbaran, Bali! :-)

2. gabybali 30/06/2009 1:34 pm

Dear Keith, not only you are my travel inspiration, but like I said on Twitter to you, you’re the only one I could think of as my RTW buddy when do this (hopefully soon), or at least, take me to just one of these beautiful places you went to, show me what you’ve seen, I’ll be very grateful.

Blessings,
    BEE from Bali

P.S : hmm…none of these favorites blog posts of yours about Bali..:(

3. velvet 21/06/2009 5:15 pm

Thank you Erica! Enjoy! :-)

4. Erica 21/06/2009 4:47 pm

Wow… What a great list of your favorite posts!!

5. velvet 17/06/2009 6:44 pm

Haha! Thanks Yoan for being so supportive of the velvet escape blog! You’ve been awesome!

6. yoan the dreamer 17/06/2009 6:36 pm

oh my godd………wowww…….i could not believe it…….sir,until now, u have brought me to all……..beautiful spot in this world, introduce me to many unique culture, always make me starving and eat a lot with ur culinary journey story, ha..ha.ha.ha…-^_^-(i thought my weight increase bcoss of that), always bcome nice story tale for me b4 i sleep (always amazed me and made me said to my self, oh my goddd………some place like that exist in this world??) and all of that summarized in 150 posting…….wowww………thx for all ur sharing…wish some tourism place in where i am living now can be reviewed by velvet, wowww……that’s must be a great honor for all ur fans in here.
    Ok….succes 2velvet, (gluk…gluk..drink some wine now,lol)
    Goo……….exploreee…..experiencedd…….and beeee…..inspired….-^_^-
    best regard
    –Yoan the dreamer–
    (hope can be yoan the traveler soon*sigh*)

7. velvet 17/06/2009 11:25 am

Thank you Vera for your comment and your continued support.

8. Vera Marie Badertscher 17/06/2009 2:34 am

Thanks for including me in your list of posts. I’m honored. Really love all of your posts, and it is fun having a bunch gathered together like this. Happy 150th post!

Vera

9. velvet 16/06/2009 10:40 pm

Thank you! I look forward to sharing more of my travel experiences with you on this incredible journey.

Best regards,

10. Authentic Seacoast Resorts 16/06/2009 10:36 pm

Congratulations, Keith. We enjoy your message of diversity and the strength of the human spirit. You are a true inspiration to everyone who travels or aspires to travel. We look forward to continuing with you on your journey. Best wishes for your future travels!

11. velvet 16/06/2009 10:00 pm

Thank you Amy & Jen for your comments! And for your support!
    You’re the best.

12. Amy @ The Q Family 16/06/2009 7:48 pm

Congratulation!!! What a great milestone!

Love the parade. :) It’s a great way to look back at your journey. So many great posts.. I know what I will do this afternoon and late into the night. :)

13. jen laceda 16/06/2009 6:52 pm

Oh, I agree, I agree about the celebrations! Congrats and happy 150th post!!! Keith, I always enjoy reading your blog. You and your travels are such an inspiration to me. I hope I can go around the world one day. I have a question, though. Do you have a post that teaches or helps us budget for a round-the-world trip? What is a reasonable budget for a trip just like yours?!
    Thanks and much love,
    Jen

1. Bora-Bora » Top 10 Natural Wonders of the World – a photo essay - 02/07/2009

[...] The Velvet Parade – celebrating 150 velvet escapesThese are some hair-raising ones! Vancouver to Portland One of the most stunning flights I’ve been on. Sydney Harbour from the air My absolute favourite harbour in the world. Bora Bora from the air Neverland! … [...]