Velvet moments: travel photo of the week – Tango in Buenos Aires

Every Sunday, the locals come out to dance on the Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo, Buenos Aires.

Read the accompanying post: “Sundays in San Telmo“.

Search for hotels in Buenos Aires.

zv7qrnb

6 Responses to “Velvet moments: travel photo of the week – Tango in Buenos Aires”

1. velvet 01/04/2011 7:04 pm

Thank you Giorgio. Yes, you’re right, those mats they roll out aren’t the perfect dance surface but everyone danced away and the atmosphere was electric!

2. Giorgio 30/03/2011 8:17 pm

Hi Velvet :o) Yep…I was there a couple of time…it’s really a nice experience. The ground is not good so better to go with some normal shoes but the asmosphere is really good. You took a good picture. !! :o)

3. Free Delivery Spain 25/01/2011 3:35 pm

Class photo. I went to see a tango show when I was in Buenos Aires – it was amazing. Great to see it happening on the streets too.

4. Joanne Kainer 24/01/2011 6:13 pm

What an incredible photo, it reminds me my amazing time in Buenos Aires. When I was there, I did a lot of early morning walks in San Telmo, and during these walks there was always something to know, the museums, the Plazas, the markets and all the beautiful architectural structures in the area. I finished my trip with a fascinating tango show that an Argentine friend recommended me. It was an outstanding Tango Dinner Show at Esquina Carlos Gardel that I book trough http://bsas4u.com/ and that allowed me to know more about Buenos Aires culture and traditions, and to end in a perfect way my stay in this magical city.

Joanne

5. velvet 20/01/2011 2:44 pm

Thanks Andi! It was awesome to watch and a fab experience giving it a go (after lots of wine)! :-)

6. Andi 20/01/2011 2:42 pm