Culinary Journey: gelato in Pisa

19 Responses to “Culinary Journey: gelato in Pisa”

1. lab freezers 31/05/2011 6:00 am

The temperature settings is important, to make the texture perfect.

2. velvet 23/03/2011 12:03 am

You’ll love it! :-)

3. Abhijit 22/03/2011 11:56 pm

I am going to Italy in a month.. Time for some authentic gelato! 😀

4. velvet 22/03/2011 9:53 pm

Haha, we simply smiled! 😉 The Pisa Tourism Board and the local press got to know about our blog trip when we were there. Several calls were made and we were in the paper the next day. Here’s a link to a picture of the article:

5. Gloria 22/03/2011 9:44 pm

What did you do to end up in the newspaper!? Kidding! I didn’t because I was in Civitella and La Nazione there is different (it has news of the Grosseto area). Do you have a copy?

6. Debbie Beardsley 22/03/2011 3:57 pm

Yum gelato! I think when in Italy you must try Gelato in every town you visit! I’ve added this one to my list :)

7. Serena 22/03/2011 11:18 am

i’m addicted to icecream (i’m quite fat, ok :)), so your post makes me dream about go to Pisa for the week end 😛
    have a nice day Keith!

8. velvet 22/03/2011 9:40 am

Hi Vera,
    Hahaha, I know what you mean about going out on a limb. However, it seriously was the BEST GELATO I’VE EVER HAD. And I’ve had plenty. :-) Now I’ll sit and wait till other gelateria’s contact me with an invite to show that they’re better. LOL! 😉

9. Vera Marie Badertscher 22/03/2011 5:54 am

When we went to Italy, we had gelato at LEAST two times a day! I would say you are going out on a limb to say THE BEST ice cream, though. I’ve heard about a great one in Naples, and the one we found in Venice was amazing—and then there was Florence—-I guess it is necessary to go back to Italy for another gelato tasting!

10. velvet 21/03/2011 9:10 pm

Wow, you HAVE to go there Gloria! ps/did you read about us in La Nazione last Thursday? :-)

11. Gloria 21/03/2011 9:07 pm

You taught me of a new place, and I am a local! Hugs,

12. velvet 21/03/2011 8:02 pm

Thank you Kinzica! I’ll be back! :-)

13. De' Coltelli 21/03/2011 6:46 pm

Thanks, we’re really happy to make people happy and smiling! We hope to see you soon again. Greeting from a sunny Pisa (at least today!)

14. velvet 21/03/2011 3:39 pm

Hehe, thanks for the info Ciki! :-)

15. Ciki 21/03/2011 3:16 pm

did u know that gelato has less fat to intrude on the taste, and is also kept smoother and silkier at a slightly higher temp than normal ice-cream.. Oh for the love of gelato! Best!

1. “Velvet Escape” Blog 21 Marzo 2011 | Decoltelli - 02/10/2015

[…]         Vedi l’articolo […]

2. Reasons to visit Tuscany | Velvet Escape - 08/12/2011

[…] wine and topped with sugar! Oh, and then there’s the ice-cream, in particular the excellent gelato in Pisa! Tuscan food is simply a precious gift that I’ll accept with open arms, any time! If […]

3. What is luxury travel? | Velvet Escape travel blog - 06/09/2011

[…] rich scent of a Pinotage as I swirl it in a glass. Savouring the wondrous texture and flavours of Italian ice-cream. Or discovering a little bit more about […]

4. Travel Blog Posts | Best Blog Posts in March | easyJet Holidays Blog - 06/04/2011

[…] De’ Coltelli is recognised as the birthplace of modern day ice cream. Have a read of the article here. Pisa is often treated as a day trip but there is more to a Pisa city break than just the leaning […]