Errr… what? 499? That’s the number that popped up when I glanced at my Dashboard yesterday. 499 posts! Wow! When I launched the Velvet Escape blog on 30th December 2008, it never occurred to me that I would one day hit the milestone of 500 posts. It’s been an incredible journey – along the way, I’ve made so many new friends, forged partnerships with sponsors and learned so much from everyone. Oh, and not to mention the amazing trips I’ve been on.
To celebrate this milestone, I’ve listed a selection of some of my favourite posts in various categories.
Five blog trips that rocked my world
Costa Brava. The ultimate blog trip featured some of the world’s best restaurants and a skydive!
- Valencia Formula One. An amazing opportunity to experience the world of Formula One races up close.
- Tuscany. An unforgettable exploration of off-the-beaten-path spots in Tuscany.
- Sabah. Incredible wildlife (and food) in my favourite Malaysian state.
- Catalonia. My first blog trip and one I’ll never forget!
Five of my favourite guest posts
- My Velvet Escape travel tip: Venice. A fabulous post by Lara Dunston full of great tips to enjoy Venice.
- Places that inspire: Krak des Chevaliers. A wonderful post by Andy Jarosz.
- My Velvet Escape travel tip: Normandy. This post by Phil Graham will leave you dreaming of Normandy.
- A world of inspiration: The Man From Mandalay. A heart-felt tribute by The Planet D to the people of Myanmar.
- My Most Magical Travel Experience. A magical post by some of my favourite bloggers.
Five travel experiences that I’ll never stop talking about
- My Top Five Mosquito Attacks. An invitation to join the Mozzie Magnet Club.
- A Desert Full of Wonders. An unforgettable trip to San Pedro de Atacama in Chile.
- My Great Laundry Adventure. Read and weep!
- I Did it! I Jumped out of a Plane! Guess the title says it all.
- My Most Magical Travel Experiences. Some of my most memorable travel moments.
Five personal stories that inspire
- Travelations: the trip that opened my eyes. A free ebook that tells the story of my transformation from investment banker to travel blogger.
- The Lady With The Twinkling Eyes. An inspiring lady I met in Chile.
- Till It’s Gone. My Dad’s final lesson.
- The Story Every Child Needs To Know. A parents’ precious gift to their children.
- A world of inspiration: The Rebel. An ode to our unceasing quest for adventure. A guest post by Gloria Casinadirosa.
- Patagonia: Home of the Gods
- The Majestic Masaai Mara
- The Mysteries of Easter Island
- Fabulous Sunsets
- Kinabatangan River Safari
Five of my favourite plane views
- Aerial Experience of Europe
- Sydney Harbour
- The Beauty of a Window Seat
- Santiago to Punta Arenas
- Castellar del Riu
- Bayan Indah – A Malaysian Culinary Retreat
- Valencia in Five Restaurants
- Cutting-edge dining at Iggy’s Singapore. A guest post by Mei.
- A Glorious Day At Da Adolfo
A HUGE THANK YOU goes to my readers, friends, sponsors and family for your support and encouragement. I would also like to thank all the guest writers for your beautiful contributions to Velvet Escape – getting to the 500-mark would’ve been a lot less inspiring without you!
Here’s to the next 500! CHEERS!