My TEDxTalk – Passion. Empowerment. Social Media

It was undoubtedly one of the highlights of 2012 for me: my TEDxTalk for TEDxSaxion. I felt very honored to be invited and I chose to tell a simple personal story about passion, empowerment and social media. Standing there on that red spot was an incredibly exciting and nerve-wracking experience that I’ll never forget. I hope you enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed telling it! Oh, and if you’re wondering why I fretted the zip-lining experience… it’s because I’m afraid of heights! Just a lil’ detail I forgot to mention during the talk – must’ve been nerves! Haha!

A big thank you goes to the awesome team at the Saxion University of Applied Sciences, first and foremost for inviting me, and for making TEDxSaxion a reality!

What people are saying:

14 Responses to “My TEDxTalk – Passion. Empowerment. Social Media”

1. Keith Jenkins 11/08/2014 4:44 pm

Thanks Emi! Really appreciate your note and thanks also for checking out my blog! :-)

2. Emi 08/08/2014 6:39 pm

I finally had time to take a proper look at your website (I follow your Tweets, Instagram, etc), read some articles and to watch your TxT. Great stuff. Genuine and forthright. Lots of hard work and thought along with the passion. Good on you!

3. Keith Jenkins 21/11/2013 12:18 am

Thanks Sarah! Awwww, it would’ve been great to meet in Amsterdam. :-( Oh well, hope to meet you another time soon.

4. Sarah Wu 20/11/2013 10:05 pm

Such a inspiring speech. I didn’t know you were based in Amsterdam if so I wish I had check with you to see if you want to meet up when I visited last month. :P

5. Curious Nomad 07/02/2013 5:55 am

Inspiring talk! Live the dream!

6. Keith Jenkins 23/01/2013 3:44 pm

Thank you! :-)

7. weltreisender 23/01/2013 9:44 am

inspiring! great talk, keith! for sure made MY day today… ;) thank u, keith!

8. Keith Jenkins 22/12/2012 10:53 pm

Hello Joy!
    Thank you for your comment. Sure made my day. :-)

9. Joy 22/12/2012 7:14 pm

Success from within! Great way to end your inspiring TEDTalk. :-)

10. Keith Jenkins 20/12/2012 10:44 am

Thank you Andi! :-)

11. Andi of My Beautiful Adventures 19/12/2012 9:33 pm

What an incredible speech, I’m so inspired! Congrats Keith!!!

1. Keith Jenkins - 26/07/2013

[…] He has visited more than 70 countries across six continents. In addition to being a travel blogger, Keith often speaks at travel and social media conferences, and offers social media consultancy and marketing services via iambassador. He is also the co-founder of the Global Bloggers Network, a community of more than 2,000 individual and corporate travel bloggers that helps its members grow and monetise their blogs. Keith’s highlight of 2012 was presenting his story on TEDxTalk. […]

2. Award-winning iambassadors | iambassador - 25/02/2013

[…] his banker-to-blogger story “Passion. Empowerment. Social Media.” at the prestigious TEDxTalk series in November […]

3. Highlights of 2012 | Velvet Escape - 29/12/2012

[…] I can now say that I’ve done my very own TEDxTalk! Woohoo! You’re most welcome to view my TEDxTalk.On stage – TEDxTalkPosing with Joan and Josep Roca at PremisG!12. Winning the “Best […]