Hi! I’m Keith.
Since launching the Velvet Escape travel blog in December 2008, I’ve gained a wealth of experience in creating travel content that reflect the experience, and utilising social media channels for marketing and networking purposes. Via Twitter, facebook and LinkedIn, I’ve built an extensive network of contacts in the travel and hospitality industry, travel writers and bloggers, editors, columnists and social media experts across the world. Velvet Escape is recognised as one of the most influential names in online travel.
Please scroll down to view Velvet Escape stats and facts, parties I’ve worked with, as well as the services I provide, or download the Velvet Escape Media Kit.
Velvet Escape stats* & facts
- Google page rank: 4
- Average monthly page views: 70,000+
- Average monthly unique visitors: 20,000+
- Alexa rankings (approximate): 100,000+ (worldwide). According to Alexa, VE visitors view an average of 8 unique pages per day. Visitors to the site spend approximately eight minutes per visit to the site and 70 seconds per pageview. The VE site enjoys a high traffic rank in, amongst others, the Netherlands, Canada, UK, Italy, USA, Australia, Malaysia, Spain and India. For current info, visit Alexa.
- Audience: The VE blog is read in more than 160 countries. 70% of the VE audience resides in the USA, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, India, Malaysia and Singapore whilst the readership base in Brazil, Indonesia and South Africa is expanding rapidly. About 60% of readers are female, highly-educated and belong to the middle- and upper income groups.
- Velvet Escape has appeared in numerous media, including The New York Times, Mashable, National Geographic Traveler and BBC Travel. Interviews and other media mentions can be found in Media.
- Velvet Escape is a Featured Lonely Planet and Visit Britain blogger.
- Velvet Escape is a multiple award-winning travel blog, with prizes for best blog awarded by amongst others the Costa Brava Tourism Board, Destinology Travel Bloggy Awards and the Canadian Tourism Commission.
- Velvet Escape has collaborated with the tourism boards of, amongst others, Austria, Great Britain, Jordan, Canada, Catalonia, France, Finland, Valencia, Germany, Costa Brava, Cape Town, South Africa, Latvia, Mauritius, Victoria (Australia), Spain, etc…; and amongst others with Mandarin Oriental Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, etc…
*Stats: sourced from Google Analytics unless otherwise stated – Q2 2015.
Velvet Escape Services
iambassador is an innovative marketing model which effectively harnesses the value that travel bloggers can deliver through their blogs and social networks. The iambassador model involves a collaboration between travel bloggers and tourism boards, tour operators, cruise companies, airlines and/or hotel chains to market a specific destination or travel theme (adventure, cruises, gastronomy, safaris, city trips or beach holidays to name a few). The model is designed to create a social media campaign centred on the destination/theme and increase brand visibility of the sponsors. Visit iambassador for more information.
Readership and online influence continue to grow, making Velvet Escape an excellent advertising opportunity for travel-related businesses. A variety of advertising options are offered:
- Sponsorship package – Become an official sponsor of Velvet Escape. The sponsorship package includes product endorsements both online and offline (as a brand ambassador)
- Product reviews – product reviews are accepted subject to VE editorial conditions
- Please inquire for VE packages and rates
I have extensive experience in successfully promoting destinations, hotels, tours and restaurants on sponsored blog trips. My contributions to these blog trips include ‘real-time’ marketing (utilising my social networks to gain coverage during the trip), blog posts and speaking about social media with local businesses. I have been on numerous blog trips including Alberta, Montreal and Nova Scotia in Canada; Cape Town; Finland; Jordan; Costa Brava, Catalonia, Valencia and Asturias in Spain; Emilia Romagna and Tuscany in Italy; South Africa; and many more destinations around the world.
Public Speaking & Seminars
I am also available to speak at conferences or conduct seminars on utilising social media for branding, networking and marketing purposes; travel blogging (branding, monetising, working with travel bloggers); my experiences in promoting destinations via social media and blogging; and inspiration/empowerment and career change. Previous speaking engagements included:
- NBE/MATKA, Helsinki, Finland (January 2015)
- TBDI/TTG in Rimini, Italy (October 2014)
- INDABA Durban, South Africa (May 2014)
- The Social Travel Summit, Leipzig, Germany (April 2014)
- Vakantiebeurs, Utrecht, Netherlands (January 2014)
- Move Your Imagination, Nyenrode University, Netherlands (December 2013)
- VIE, Melbourne (November 2013)
- WTM London (November 2013)
- Travel Bloggers Unite, Rotterdam, Netherlands (May 2013)
- INDABA Durban, South Africa (May 2013)
- WTM Latin America São Paulo (April 2013)
- Keynote speaker at ITB Berlin (March 2012)
- Travel Bloggers Unite Umbria, Italy (March 2012)
- GoMedia, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada (May 2012)
- Foz International Tourism, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil (June 2012)
- Emerce travel, Netherlands (June 2012)
- Getaway travel bloggers conference, Cape Town (August 2012)
- Travel Bloggers Exchange (TBEX), Girona, Spain (Sept. 2012)
- World Travel Monitor Pisa Forum, Pisa (Oct. 2012)
- TEDxSaxion, Netherlands (Nov. 2012)
- Travel Bloggers Unite, Manchester (March 2011)
- Social Media, Girona (May 2011)
- Travel Bloggers Unite, Innsbruck (August 2011)
- Go Media Canada, Edmonton (September 2011)
- World Travel Market, London (November, 2011)
I also co-founded the Global Bloggers Network which aims to help individual and corporate travel bloggers grow their blogs. GBN currently has 3,000+ members.
Should you be interested in any of my Velvet Escape services, if you have a business or sponsorship proposal, or if you are interested in advertising possibilities, please get in touch with me via this contact form.