Enchanting spots: Milford Sound

11 Responses to “Enchanting spots: Milford Sound”

1. Milford Track Tours 16/11/2010 6:56 am

Milford Sound is a fjord in the south west of Southern New Zealand, with the Fiordland National Park and Te Wahipounamu Heritage. It is one of the most visited and the tourist attractions, in the New Zealand. The Milford Track show the beauty of the New Zealand. And it is described as the finest walk in the world.

2. Simon 04/08/2010 11:02 pm

Gosh! How come I missed this amazing post before? New Zealand is rapidly raising in my bucket list. Thanks for sharing such wonderful insights!

3. velvet 17/06/2010 12:23 pm

Thanks Ant! Glad you loved the post! :-) The Milford Track was definitely one of the highlights of my time in NZ.

4. Ant 17/06/2010 12:21 pm

Incredible photos, Velvet. Loved the post, I’m looking forward to walking the Milford Track once the weather warms up again!

5. Angela Pearse 16/06/2010 10:30 pm

I know, shocking! I have been to Queenstown & Christchurch, but I need to do a proper Sth Island trip :-)

6. velvet 16/06/2010 9:43 am

Hi Angela,
    I’m shocked! ;-) You should head down to South Island. The area around Queenstown and Te Anau is my absolute fave!

7. Angela Pearse 16/06/2010 5:50 am

Very inspiring! I haven’t been that far south and I live in NZ! Definitely on the list…

8. velvet 15/06/2010 6:10 pm

Thanks for your comment Isabelle. It’s such an awe-inspiring place.

Hugs,
    Keith :-)

9. IsabellesTravel 15/06/2010 5:47 pm

Awesome pictures! Mine didn`t came out that good ;-) I remember the fine mist of the waterfalls. It is a nice experience. Takes for bringing back memories with your post!

1. Things to do and see in New Zealand | velvet escape's blog - 23/05/2011

[…] Go on a cruise around Milford Sound – Technically not a sound but rather a fjord, Milford Sound is one of New Zealand’s biggest attractions. Rightfully so, the sound is simply […]

2. Queenstown from above | velvet escape's blog - 13/07/2010