There’s a reason tourists travel from all over to experience the Florida coast. Famous for its gorgeous stretches of surf, Florida has always been a favorite travel destination. From serene beaches off the beaten path to Miami’s pride, South Beach, Florida has an impressive coastline, dotted with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Here are seven Florida beaches you should visit the next time you’re in the Sunshine State.
Seven of Florida’s Best Beaches
1. Pass-a-Grille Beach: Situated on Florida’s west coast, this local treasure offers an escape from the crowds, the spring breakers and the high-rise hotels. Take in some sun on the wide stretches of white sand, then head into St. Petersburg to browse the local art studios and cafes.
2. Delray Beach: Delray is located just north of Boca Raton on Florida’s Atlantic coast. There’s a reason nearly one million visitors travel here every year; the water is clear, and many sand dunes are still intact. After the sun goes down, Delray is a great place to spend the evening. Check out the shops and restaurants on Atlantic Avenue, a walkable district packed with many things to see and do.
3. Naples: Get a taste of the high life when you visit the beaches of Naples. Well-known as the site of “Millionaires’ Row,” a collection of mansions that line the beach, the beaches of Naples are a sight to behold. Once you’re there, you’ll know right away why this tropical paradise attracted so many millionaires.
4. Key West: Less of a beach travel destination and more of an essential Florida experience, Key West is in a class of its own. Visit the long-time home of Ernest Hemmingway, grab a bite to eat at one of the many seafood restaurants and keep an eye out for the free-range roosters that stroll through the streets.
5. Palm Beach: This pristine stretch of beach is a preferred travel destination of some of the most well-known families and celebrities in the country. Benefiting from its close proximity to the Gulf Stream, Palm Beach’s warm surf and calm breeze attract millions of visitors every year.
6. Clearwater Beach: This is a beach that has earned its name. Widely regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, Clearwater is a favorite travel destination of waterfront aficionados.
7. South Beach: If you’re looking for the quintessential Miami nightlife experience after a day in the sun, South Beach is the place to be. Its long stretches of sand and party-all-night mentality draw tourists from all over the world.
There are countless ways to explore these world-class beaches. You could take your time and savor the experience by scheduling a trip to just one travel destination every year. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, plan a road trip and see them all in one shot. But before setting off, make sure you’ve taken care of road trip preparation tasks like vehicle maintenance and double-checking car insurance coverage. If you’re looking for a new provider, be sure to compare auto insurance reviews to find one that offers the coverage you need. Skipping on automobile insurance is an easy way to ruin your Florida beach road trip.
Note: this post was brought to you in partnership with Nationwide Insurance.